St Thomas’ Church Hall is run by the PCC of St Thomas the Apostle, Stanhope.
Originally the Rectory, the building was converted in the 1950’s to provide two houses, 2 flats and and the Church Hall with one large Hall and a Small Hall with a kitchen. One of the flats now contains an extra meeting room and an office.
The halls are used regularly by many groups including the Food Bank, Mums and Toddlers, Scouts, Mothers Union, Womens Institute, Monthly Farmers Market, Monthly Craft Market, coffee mornings, the Community Choir and Yoga classes.
St Thomas’ Church aims to provide a welcoming, secure and well maintained facility for use by the whole Weardale community. We hope that you enjoy using our hall, and we are very grateful to Weardale Area Action Partnership, Dale and Valley Homes, Durham Community Foundation, North Pennines Area of Outstanding Beauty and local people who have all helped fund the renovation project.
- The large assembly hall with stage and badminton court markings, will accommodate 120 people
- The small hall will accommodate 60 people
- It is fully accessible and we offer adapted toilet provision
- newly fitted kitchen
- central heating
- easy parking
- licensed for performances, and sale of alcohol (via application for temporary event licence)
Address: St Thomas Church Hall, Front Street, Stanhope, Weardale, DL13 2UE
Contact: Mrs Sarah Haynes, 01388 528673